Thursday, May 28, 2009

Coaches Notes...


Welcome to Beth Cole!

Resilience Living features Beth Cole, The Aging Coach.

Beth is truly one that practices what she shares with others.  She is disciplined in making sure she stays agile, vibrant and enthusiastic about life.  Visit her website and learn more about Beth.  

Today, Beth sends us this message...


The questions we ask…

 

I saw a darling little girl in the store the other day.  She was maybe 3 or 4.  She was racing along beside her mother, who was actually in quite a hurry.  The little one could not contain her curiosity about a LOT of observations – so she asked questions!  She asked lots and lots of questions – one tumbled out over another.  It was obvious Mom wished for a little quiet but nothing (nothing!!!) was likely going to stop the stream of “what’s”, “who’s”, “why’s”,  and “how’s.” 

 

I would guess that most of us were once pretty much like this bright-eyed, enthusiastic child.  It made me think about the importance of inquiry.  As a coach, I tend to ask a lot of questions because I am very sure that I don’t know the answers for someone else and thus my clients often reveal the obvious solution the more we investigate the subject. 

 

I ask questions when I am trying to move myself through a sticky situation.

 

One of my favorite questions is: “How can I have more fun right now?”   Just saying that will move me to a different place.  It often helps me find my power when I’ve lost it over some issue.

 

Do play with this little technology some time.  Maybe you can create a question that will help you find more strength or energy just when you need it – but in any case, the ask is guaranteed to help you channel your inner three year-old and that’s not bad…

 

Are you game?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment